Old August 2nd 03, 09:14 PM
Newps

First of all oil is like religion. Second, what is happening to you and
your engine could not possibly mean less, statistically speaking. What
matters is how you fly your engine, not what oil you use. I have a
friend who uses his PA12 to run a powerline patrol. He has 6500 hours
SMOH and 3500 since new cylinders. He uses Phillips XC 20W-50. For
that reason and also because it's the cheapest that's also what I use.
But if I'm out on the road somewhere and I need a quart I'll take
whatever the FBO has if they don't have Phillips.

OSKI 3 wrote:

All the experts I read on this board are either for or against Synthetics or
Semi Synthetics. But most seem to take as Gospel the words of a Guy
(Mechanic or FBO) who makes a LOT of money from fixing your Engines.
Do you think po poing a product is based on good will or business sense?
I would love one of the Gurus who submit these claims that one product
or another can ruin your engine, provide us with an reputable Oil analysis
proving that it does or does not help the Engine. I can qualify as one of
these
unsubstantiated posters. I used Mobil 1 Aero for 4 years in my Continental
IO 360 and it is still running without spitting up anything. I guess without
written proof I am Full of S_ _ t! Let's see some documentation guys!

Bill OParowski
N10SX
N101Sx