Old August 11th 03, 01:16 AM
Bob Noel

In article , "Peter
Gottlieb" wrote:

[snip]
Now let's say that the price for a hangar went to $5000 per month and
MassPort got this money instead of going through some FBO with MassPort
getting some predetermined fixed amount. The way politics loves money, I
would bet there would be some pressure to build more hangars then.

You'd lose. At KBED, Massport already gets the money from the T-hangars.
Do you see any new T-hangars at KBED?

[snip]

Both hangar space and housing are subsets of real estate in general.
Sure
there are some differences, just as commercial real estate is slightly
different from residential real estate, but overall many of the same
factors
come into play like limited land availability, location, opposition, land
use questions, etc. That's all I am trying to say.

and I was responding to the original claim that they are "exactly"
the same. Sure, there are similar factors. So it would appear that
we pretty much agree. I was going to reply more point by point until
reading your last paragraph (but I did feel compelled to point out that
Massport gets the T-hangar rents already).

--
Bob Noel