Old January 7th 04, 08:59 PM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Jim Weir wrote:
For those of you who want a cheap knockaround digital voltmeter (multimeter,
actually) Harbor Freight has them for $2.99 apiece (part #30756).

I have something suspiciously similar to that in black, only identifying
mark is "DT810B". Leads across the bottom and transistor tester on the
right but the knob, display and leads are identical. And I opened it
to see if it used the expensive battery and it does. And for the ultimate
in cheap: The fuse is soldered down. There's a place in the world where
it's cheaper to have a human solder in a fuse than to include a fuse
holder... I think I got it from BG Micro, in case HF runs dry.

Shipping is $6 PER ORDER minimum, so I'd probably get together with the chapter
and order a couple of dozen to spread the shipping costs around.

Free if you go over $50. I always meant to buy their $49.95 anvil and
a breath mint just for that reason.

Also, see if they have a store in your area. You can walk in in Portland.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/