Old September 10th 03, 11:54 PM
Neal

I had wanted to fly up there on the Saturday just to show up in the
Checkerbird since it is only about an hour and a half from here, but
had heard that they were charging something like $35 just for landing
and staying a couple hours, and I was too broke that weekend to buy
fuel plus pay such a large entrance fee, having spent all my flying
budget the previous couple weekends going to the SWRFI and the Ranger
fly-ins.

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 02:47:37 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

http://www.manxsr.com/afton/flyin.htm

This is the website from the National Cherokee Pilot's Association fly-in,
held this past June at the Shangrila Resort in Afton, OK. As you can see,
it was very well attended, well organized, and a good time was had by all.

For those of you with Cherokees -- 140s, 150s, Warriors, 180s, Archers,
235s, Chargers, Pathfinders, Dakotas, Arrows, Sixes, Lance, and Saratogas --
it's a "must-do", so pencil it into your calendars for next June. (The
tentative dates are June 19th and 20th.)

You'll never learn more about your favorite plane, or rub shoulders with a
better bunch of people!