Old October 20th 03, 07:04 PM
Max T, CFI

I wouldn't worry about wasting the broker's time--that's their job to provide
info on what they can and cannot do. Rates definitely vary based on
number of hours and type of experience, and I wouldn't be surprised if they
had a minimum of at least 125 hours, and/or a number of hours of dual
instruction in the airplane. If the other partners are high time pilots, and you are
added to the insurance, the rate will almost certainly increase by a very significant percentage.
If the partner doesn't want to call the broker, call him yourself or call any insurance
broker. The rates and minimum hours will vary somewhat from company to company,
but it will give you a good idea of what the hurdle will be.
Max T, MCFI

Shawn wrote in message om...
I am a student pilot getting ready to solo next week (26 hours now). I
am interested in a 1/3rd share of a '65 P206 due to my large family.
Apparently annual insurance is currently $1950. The seller has
contacted the partnership's insurance broker who has checked with
their current insurer who states they will not insure me when I get my
private. The selling partner has expressed concern about wasting the
broker's time.

I obviously am not interested in buying into a plane I won't be able
to fly. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on this?

Thanks much.