Old October 31st 03, 10:45 PM

On 31-Oct-2003, "Renee Purner" wrote:

I have just finsihed my Instrument rating and it is about time to move up
to soemthing faster that hauls more than my wonderful Piper Cherokee 140.
An
interetsing possibility is a Piper Lance or Turbo Lance. I am open to
comments and hope to get some!

John Purer
Editor - The $100 Hamburger
http://www.100dollarhamburger.com

Hello John. Love the $100 Hamburger by the way.

The Lance is fine if you have to haul more than 4 people or a LOT of cargo.
But it is expensive and thirsty. As for handling, well, it's a BIG
airplane.

If you like your 140 you would probably love an Arrow III or IV. Similar
straightforward, reasonably light handling, but able to comfortably haul 4
adults with reasonable range. (Or 3 adults, some baggage, and astounding
range.) Also, about 35 kts faster on only about 1.5 GPH more fuel.

--
-Elliott Drucker