Old January 12th 04, 10:22 PM
Jay Honeck

I carried a WWII Army river crossing big (physical size) Outboard from
the Philipines to Japan in a P-51. Pieces in 'hell hole' in front of
tail wheel, behind armor plate inside canopy and on my lap.

Also had the wings (guns and ammo spaces) filled with green bananas
for my very young daughter.

I swear, Big John, half the time I think you just make this stuff up. Then
I realize that NO ONE could make up stories like you tell! :-)

The other half, I simply marvel that any one person could have done so many
exciting things!

Everyone remarks that starting this hotel must be an "adventure," but it's a
walk in the park compared to what you've seen and done.

Thanks for sharing the stories...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA