Old November 10th 03, 02:49 AM
Gene Seibel

Channel two visual is 55.25 mHz and aural is 59.75 mHz. Their digital
channel is transmitted on channel 43 with a pilot frequency of 644.31
mHz. Digital audio and video are encoded into one data stream.
--
Gene Seibel
http://www.pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

What is TV channel 2 digital sound frequency and normal
Channel 2 sound frequency? Just wondering if by chance
the difference between the two might be...127.0?? How
about Channel 2 and Channel 5?

Jim Weir wrote in message . ..
Well, then take other folks advice who have had this problem and solved it. I
gave you the method that works for me.

I take my hat off, then Jim. I could barely scrape up the
hour to drive around, much less weeks or days or even hours
to park patiently. We're going to have to get at this by
pragmatic combinations.

-If I drive to the antenna farm and get the interference,
-does it prove the problem is outside my plane, or just that
-the handheld is also more susceptible to it?

It proves that the problem is outside your aircraft.

But....does it? The handheld is normally *in* my aircraft.
Albeit, it is normally disassembled from the battery pack
and with the ducky antenna disconnected from it.

And..what about the testimony of the DE that she flies in
lotsa planes in that area all the time and never heard that
problem before?

why I suggested that you find a friend that lives close to the farm

No such critter alas. We live about as close to it as anyone we
know.

-How could my nav radios (or my handheld) be contributing
-to this problem when they are *powered off*?

good explanation snipped
If any of these
"spurious mixer products" falls within the passband of the nav input filter,
it will be reradiated out the nav antenna directly into your com antenna.

Did that help?

Yes, thank you! That was very clear.

But just to confirm: what I'm hearing is that frequencies can
mix and be reradiated by a turned-off radio, *but they need an
antenna* to get anywhere? ie, if the ELT is in the plane but
disconnected from the antenna, it's not likely the source of
the problem...likewise, if the portable nav/com is disconnected
from its antenna?

Have we likely absolved my plane at this point?

Sydney