Old November 23rd 03, 03:50 PM
Gene Kearns

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 00:22:17 -0800, Jeff wrote:

my old audio panel I just replaced did not have back lighting, my new one
does not have back lighting but the buttons are lighted. chances are if its
an old one with just the metal toggle switches it has no lighting.

John Roncallo wrote:

Hello

I'm trying to find out if the Audio Pannel in our Clubs 81 C172 should
have back lighting or not. I dont know who makes it since there is no
name on the audio panel. But it uses a row of up and down toggle
switches to flip between functions and it has the marker beacon light
built in. Every time I fly at night I curse this thing because I can't
tell which COM is selected without pulling out a flash light. Im not
shure if the lettering should light up or not. Is there any way to tell?

John Roncallo

This is likely the case here, as well. However, it sounds like a post
light or two could help a lot and certainly shouldn't be that much
expense to install. From a standpoint of safety, it would be cheap
insurance against selecting the wrong switch or position at night...