Old January 7th 04, 03:13 AM
hlongworth

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message om...
"Mike Adams" wrote in message news:4m2Kb.46498$m83.46269@fed1read01...
You may be thinking of http://www.myairplane.com Look under Aircraft
Background Investigation on the menu bar

Doesn't do a very good job. I looked up my N number which I know is in the NTSB database. All I get is my ownership records.

Ron,
I thought that site was pretty good. I think between the information
provided by the site

http://www.myairplane.com/databases/aircraft_report/

and a copy of the individual aircraft record (which now comes in cd
instead of microfice format for $5.00)

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraft.asp...ircraftrecords

one can learn a lot about the history of a plane.

Was checking on plane history of half a dozen or so 152 trainers
which I had flown as a student at the myairplane site and found quite
a few of them with serious damage history (mostly by soloed students).
Had to wonder whether the average time to solo at a given school goes
up with the number of accidents.