Old January 16th 04, 12:49 PM
CriticalMass

PaulaJay1 wrote:

My battery is 3.5 years old and the vacuum pump is going on 350 hours. Both
are doing OK as best I can tell. What is the collective opinion reguarding
replacement of each of these? The factory recomended replacement time for the
vacuum pump (Aero Accessories AA-215CC) is 1200 hours but the old one (Sigma
Tek) sure didn't last that long.

Pump - Do you fly IFR? If you do, I would replace prophylactically at
500 hrs. If VFR only, use it till it breaks.

Battery - Same question, if you fly IFR, replace it now. VFR, use it
till it quits, or replace it at your convenience. My personal opinion
is that you're living on borrowed time now. Conventional lead-acid
aircraft batteries don't normally last much longer than yours has.