Old January 19th 04, 02:22 AM

On 18-Jan-2004, (Larryskydives) wrote:

I am slling my 1956 172, and will be in the amrket to purchase another
plane.

I am really leaning towards a 1968 - 1970 Arrow. However , have seen a
couple of Archers that look interesting. Having a highwing I am partial
to them
-
what are the thoughts on early 210's (money pits?). I have also found a
couple
of mid 60's wide body 182's. What about 177rg's - good speed.

Let me know what you think do you know someone who has a quality plane for
sale. I will probably be spending between 45000 and 60000.

Given your price range I think your best bet would be an Archer. I have a
'79 Arrow IV, and I also have logged some hours in an Archer. The Arrow
(especially 200 HP) has considerably more performance in terms of speed,
range, and ceiling than the Archer, but you won't find any but the oldest
versions (or real dogs) for less than around $70K. Same with 177RGs. A
GOOD 182 will cost quite a bit more.

I think you should steer clear of early 210s if you have any concerns about
maintenance costs.
--
-Elliott Drucker