Old February 1st 04, 03:41 PM

Wiley wrote:
: Cory, seems we have differing ideas of what constitutes neglect. That
: Lance sat outside uncovered at a coastal CT airport for over 3 years
: on three flat dry-rotted tires with a collapsed front strut.

Fair enough.... sounds abused and neglected. I was merely stating that 3 years of
non-flying constitues niether necessary nor sufficient grounds for labeling a plane
neglected and abused.

I would venture a rule of thumb that a "flat-tire special" airplane will probably
cost more to have fixed up than it's worth. If you fix it up and do as much work on it
yourself as possible, it could go either way. On the average, it probably costs a bit
more, but at least you know everything about it on the way.

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *