Old February 26th 04, 09:15 PM
Dennis O'Connor

OK, not looking to pick a fight with the TC for fear of dismemberment...
But, the seats and the belts are original Piper equipment, came from the
factory under CAR regs... They are old but serviceable... I suspect if I do
get ramped we are gonna have a nose to nose over that...
So, under Part 91 (which didn't exist then) do I have to be able to prove
that the steel in the airframe is 'approved', and the magnesium, and
aluminum, and the yokes, etc., etc., none of which have any kind of tags, or
serial numbers?
denny

"Gene Kearns" wrote in That is pretty much the
size of it. FAR 91.205(b)(12) requires "An
approved safety belt..."