Old May 13th 04, 01:15 AM
BTIZ

Here.. the county airport authority rents the tiedowns.. and they are listed
as additional insured on the "renters" policy... this is to protect them if
they are included in a lawsuit for your negligence.. not theirs..

Example... you park your aircraft and do not tie it down or chock it while
you run to take care of natures call, you'll be right back and finish tying
it down.

Meanwhile a gust of wind, or something causes your aircraft to roll into
another aircraft. That aircraft owner then sues you and the county for
damage.. the county is covered under your policy for your negligence.

They are not covered under your policy for their negligence of driving their
fuel truck into yours or anyone else's aircraft.

BT

"Chris" wrote in message
om...
A local FBO has the following requirement in its contract to rent
tie-down space. I would like to solicit opinions on who thinks this is
a reasonable request and why? My take is the FBO should have its own
insurance and not rely on mine for anything.

Besides the general requirement of proving you have insurance on the
aircraft the following is also listed:

"All such insurance shall name the Landlord (FBO Name) as an
additional insured, and shall be written by insurance companies have a
"Best" rating of A or better....."

I understand why the bank needs to be on the insurance paperwork but
why this?

Thanks,
CK