Old June 14th 04, 06:42 PM
TTA Cherokee Driver

John Kunkel wrote:

"PaulH" wrote in message
om...

The airworthiness certificate has disappeared from my airplane.

How do I get a replacement? FAA.gov give instructions for lost
registration but not for airworthiness.

Take the original airframe log book to your local FSDO and they'll issue a
replacement AW certificate.

The AW cert disappeared from one of my club's planes earlier this year,
I went to pick up the new one at the FSDO. They never asked to see the
logbooks (though I had them just in case). I don't know everything we
had to do because club manager made it all happen, I just flew to the
FSDO to get it (no, not in the plane without the cert . But I do
know that at no point in that process did they ask to see our logs, and
as I recall it was a pretty simple and straightforward document
replacement procedure.