Old June 24th 04, 12:45 AM
Newps

"Gail Allinson" wrote in message
Newps wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I really like the one you see advertised on TV, where the guy pops
the little XM receiver (which appears to be about the size of a
cassette tape) out of his car and brings it into his home boom-box.

That's the one I have, the Sky-Fi. The Roady is a little smaller but
you don't want that one, it has several issues.

Just curious. What issues with the Roady are you referring to? We've had
one since December and have no issues, not even sitting right next to our
Garmin 295 if that is the issue you are alluding to (early on there were
reports of problems with the Roady when next to a GPS unit, but it was

found
to be an installation issue, not a problem with the Roady). The Roady is
sturdy, reliable, and sounds great with decent speakers (IOW -- sounds
better in the Miata with the Bose Audio than in the Bronco with speakers
that need replacing).

XM Radio has had many extensive threads on the Cessna Pilots Assoc website.
There have been many GPS issues, although I didn'y pay attention and see if
it was certain models or what the deal is. It doesn't affect my two GPS's
so I glossed over it. The Roady has some or all connections that hook up to
the radio itself, so if you want to move the radio to your car you have to
unplug cables. The Sky-Fi is a much cleaner setup. The radio goes into a
tray. The tray gets attached to where ever you want to mount it. The
Sky-Fi slides into the tray and all connections are made to the tray and not
to the radio. There have been numerous issues with the audio level being
too low with the Roady. Hardly any issues with the Sky-Fi.