Old July 18th 04, 07:47 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
ink.net...
They pay US taxes on US earnings and Taiwan taxes on Taiwan earnings. I
don't think domiciling the company in the US would change things much.

Domiciling OUTSIDE the US? AIUI, they are now "domiciled" as being from
Ireland.

But yet, if they are a US company, it makes no difference where their HQ is,
other than maybe avoiding LOCAL taxes. A US company that does operations
overseas might pay taxes overseas and not in the US (portion of
income)...unless you're the Heinz Company....

Mike
MU-2

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
ink.net...
They haven't avoided paying any US taxes.

Mike
MU-2

Really?

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote

in
message

Call it what it is, price fixing. They bought UPSAT (don't

really
know
why
UPS bought Apollo anyway.) Only a matter of time before Garmin

starts
playing nasty. They already started in my opinion with their

attitude
towards legacy product owners. I am a Garmin owner, but get a

real
slimy
feeling ever since they moved corporate off-shore to dodge

taxes.

Exactly what taxes have they avoided?

US taxes?