Old August 10th 04, 03:02 AM
Ken Reed

They have a 1975 Mooney M20 N6832V, I think model "C" at my home
airport.

No disrespect intended to anyone, but those things were designed for
rich tiny people.

Huh ? A 'C' model Mooney is wider inside the cabin than a Cherokee 140
and identical in width to a Bonanza. The cabin isn't as tall as others,
but that's wasted space (and efficiency). A 'C' model Mooney sells for
the same as a Cherokee 180 of similar vintage. You don't have to be rich
or tiny to fly a Mooney.

There is no room in them.

There's plenty of room in them. I have close to 1000 lb useful load too.

They cost a fortune at annual due to retractable gear, constant speed
prop, and in our case wood wing.

Not at all. To drop off and pick up a 'C' model Mooney at annual (no
owner assist) runs about $1200. Owner assisted annuals are less than
half that. The gear on 'C' models is dead simple. Manual gear, hydraulic
flaps; nothing to go wrong. The O-360 engine is as bullet proof an
engine as ever was made. 'C' models do not have wooden wings.

They burn a lot more gas,

Say what ? 'C' model Mooneys are some of the most efficient airplanes
out there. I get close to 20 mpg in mine and burn 8.5 GPH (at 147 kts)
at 12,000 ft (my typical cruise altitude).

They have more AD's

Than what ?

They cost more to insure

My insurance is $1200/yr for 1 million smooth. A friend of mine pays
$1100 for his Warrior with a similar hull value.
---
Ken Reed