Old September 28th 04, 08:40 PM
Aaron Coolidge

: There are lots of bad things that can screw you out of lots of money that
: are more likely to happen. Sit and worry if you will. BTW, did any Mooney
: owners ever get burned on their warranties? I remember they were worried,
: but do not recall if the new company cleared it up each time.

I'm almost afraid to join this discussion. A fiend of mine bought a 2002 or
2003 model Mooney Ovation2 from a private seller, with 125 hours TT.
This was one of last aircraft made in the previous Mooney incarnation.
He bought just after the newest Mooney restarted production and was giving
fire sale prices on new M20R airplanes.

He got the thing for 1/2 the original price, with the caveat that there
was absolutely no warranty whatsoever. The seller took a hit of something
like $150K.

He has made a couple of minor repairs of the type that would be covered by
a warranty if one were to exist, but these have cost him much less than the
$150K "discount" he got.

Now the paint is now flaking off each and every flush rivet on both
wings. This would likely be covered by a warranty if there was one, but as
there's no warranty he's going to ignore it for a while.

So, the incoming administration at Mooney had no difficulties tearing up
the warranties on all of the airplanes that had been produced before they
took over. I'm not saying this is right or wrong, just that it happened.

--
Aaron Coolidge