Old September 29th 04, 03:59 PM
Marco Leon

Well Jay, if you would have forgotten to add the oil altogether, THAT would
have been quite dumb. I see your experience as a MRM (Maintenance Resource
Mgmt) issue...

Marco

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
So last night (our "Friday" night) Mary and I spent four hours at the
hangar, remounting our "new" wheel pants.

At the same time we decided to change the oil and filter, which had around
35 hours on them. Knowing that we would be doing this, yesterday I had
attached the hose to the quick-drain on the bottom of the engine, and had
let the warm, post-flight oil drain overnight.

I finished changing the filter, cut it open and inspected it, and then

moved
on to the wheel pants.

As we began reattaching the wheel pants, it became apparent that this was
not going to be a two-person job. Thus, Mary began to look around for
productive things to do. She thoroughly cleaned the wheels, scissors, and
brakes (which would soon be covered once again by the wheel pants), and

then
decided that she would add the 12 fresh quarts of oil to our engine while

cursed at the wheel pants.

What she didn't know was that the quick drain was still open....

:-(

The inside of our crankcase is really, REALLY clean now.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA