Old September 30th 04, 09:00 PM
G.R. Patterson III

OtisWinslow wrote:

There can be a lot of VFR traffic cruising around under the B space. It's
a good idea to just talk to ATC and get their help.

I've only dealt with Orlando and New York. New York would rather not deal with you
most of the time. Even when they politely acknowledge your presence, they are usually
too busy to advise you about other traffic. One controller stated at a Wings seminar
years ago that most of the time he has the radar set to block low-level VFR returns
'cause they clutter the screen too much. As he put it "The area around the Solberg
VOR looks like a beehive. You're all gonna crash and I don't wanna see it."

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.