Old October 16th 04, 09:49 PM
Don Hammer

Been involved with large aircraft my whole career. They don't have
tach or hobbs meters - well maybe a hobbs on the APU

Pilot logs block time - brake release to brake set
Maintenance logs reflect flight time and cycles - wheels off to on.

I've done maintenance ground runs several hours in length and those
don't get logged. You may taxi out on one engine. Doesn't matter -
only flight time and cycles are logged in the engine and airframe
books. APU hobbs goes in the APU book.

I think the FAR's in the US will reflect that method is legal no
matter the aircraft size and I think most countrie's regs are the
same. Want to log that way in your Cessna. It's OK with the FAA.

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:34:00 -0600, Newps wrote:

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

However, I believe Part 91 only mentions maintenance time with regard to
determining when a 100 hr inspection is due. Part 43 does indicate that
"time in service" is what is supposed to be recorded when maintenance is
performed.

And since you don't do 100 hours unless the plane is for hire the whole
conversation is moot.

http://www.usenet.com