Old December 14th 04, 06:46 PM
jls

"Paul Smedshammer" wrote in message
om...
In article 05mvd.4322$lZ6.4235@trnddc02,

wrote:

Thanks to everybody for your responses. Sounds like the general consensus

is
either water in the fuel or some other fuel contamination. I'm taking the
plane up to LASAR to have them drain the tanks and go through the whole

fuel
system. Hopefully they can find something that would explain what

happened.
This sure makes me think twice about VFR on top or even night flying.

I will post what they hopefully find.

Paul,
1967 Mooney M20F

200hp Lycoming, right? Monitor each cyl head and egt individually. Only
4 to monitor. You can isolate the problem better that way. You may have
had a clogged injector or two or plugs failing or valves sticking or mag or
mags malfunctioning or harness cross-arcing, or ?. Full monitoring with
memory will keep your mags, plugs, harness, valves, cam, and injection
reasonably diagnosed, away from enigmas like this one, and you more
knowledgeable and happier. Read more Deakin too.