Old February 20th 04, 08:39 PM
Dave Covert

Best to decide what kind of flying you really want to do... aircraft design
is a big ball of compromises. Huge lift means huge drag, huge drag means
slower top speed or a bigger engine, bigger engine means short legs or huge
tanks, etc etc There is no such thing as a home-built design that takes off
in 100ft and then cruises at 135mph on 4 gal/hr. (unless you have a design
that changes its shape based on the phase of flight it is in, the
ever-popular 'morpho-kit').

Dave

"DL152279546231" wrote in message
I am thinking about building either a Zenith CH 601 or CH 701.Initially I

was
only looking at the 701 because of looks, its STOL capability, its high

wing,
because of its squared off design I believe it should be easier to build.
Drawbacks of the 701 range and fuel consumption, increased drag. Anyone

out
there have any experience with having to choose between these two? I am
thinking the CH 701 would be fun to fly around in but it looks as if it

might
be as slow as a car on the interstate flying cross-country