Old December 31st 04, 06:51 AM

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:09:04 -0800, "BTIZ"
wrote:

engine loss on most twins.. in the Reno/Tahoe area will NOT keep you out of
trouble..

On departure, maybe not. I'm thinking more at cruise or if you've
already got some altitude. Engine failures on departure are dangerous
no matter what you are flying. There is no way to eliminate all risk,
I just hope to minimize risk as much as possible.

The single engine service altitude on some twins is well below that mountain
pass.

This is something I will have to investigate with any aircraft I will
consider buying.