Old February 9th 05, 04:54 PM
Peter R.

Fly wrote:

Did you use the TCM seals or the Superior seals?
There is a difference.

I learned today that the engine rebuilder told my mechanic that he used
Superior seals. As a result of this, the rebuilder is pretty "miffed" (to
use his words) to hear of this problem since the Superior seals are
supposed to be higher quality.

As Michael pointed out, though, perhaps it is not these seals that is
causing the leak. The rebuilder did ask the mechanic to again clean
everything up to be absolutely sure the oil is coming from the push rod
tube seals.

He also asked the mechanic to roll the push rods 180 degrees and to use a
screw driver to tab the seals to ensure they are seated properly (perhaps I
am not explaining the troubleshooting techniques correctly, but I am
confident the rebuilder explained the correct technique to the mechanic).

--
Peter