Old February 10th 05, 06:41 PM
Peter R.

Default Metal in the fuel pump now?!!

Like a bad dream from which I cannot awake, I just received yet some more
bad news.

The new engine-driven fuel pump of my Bonanza's rebuilt IO-520 engine was
having trouble maintaining proper fuel pressure at low throttle. The
company that is responsible for the pump and fuel system wanted the pump
back so that they could tear it down and see what was causing the
inconsistent pressure.

Well, today they found the problem: Metal in the pump, presumably coming
from somewhere upstream. Furthermore, they now want the injectors back
because the metal has most likely contaminated these, too.

My local mechanics have now started the investigation that, no doubt, will
yield some major work to correct.

Anyone ever encounter this before? Now what am I in for?

--
Peter
That, which does not kill you, only serves to make you stronger... and