Old February 26th 04, 01:08 PM
Wright1902Glider

For small sections, 18-24" wide, don't overlook the ultra-cheapie bending
brakes from HF. I used the 18" model to bend 16ga. 1018 mild steel and it did
just fine... even though it was only rated for 18ga. They work even better for
aluminum. The only problem that I've evperienced it that they cannot make
multiple reverse bends, i.e. "hat-section" when the sides of the section are
less than about 2 1/2" wide. The leaf only drops to level with the bed,
instead of an additional 90* like the larger brakes. I got my 18-incher on
um... "sale" from HF for $19.95.

Just my $0.02 worth,
Harry