Old February 29th 04, 04:45 AM
Richard Lamb

Don wrote:

Many homebuilts on my field with engines mostly Rotax and Jabiru. Two
with VW. There were three VW but one had engine failure after takeoff
and was destroyed. A visiting aircraft with VW had engine failure on
downwind and was destroyed. As previously said, there's no need to use
VW now that low cost used Rotax and Jabiru are available.
Don

Depends on what do you consider "low cost"?
A new Rotax 912 might as well be a Lycoming, price wise...

Ricahrd

RU ok wrote in message

Out of 100 planes on my home field, there is but one VW example.
After the third engine failure, it and the KR-2 it is attached to
appear destined to remain earthbound forever more.

Barnyard BOb -