Old July 26th 03, 09:09 PM
Paul

I Had a 32 year break. My first BFR took longer than my first solo. 8:15 for
solo 10+ for BFR. Flying wasn't too terribly bad except for the totally
different way my CFI had me do things. I learned to pull the power abreast
of my desired landing spot and only add a squirt to clear the engine on
base. If I had to add power I had screwed up.

Now 1500 abreast the numbers etc etc.

No stalls out of steep turns, no spins, etc.

Now for the hard part Class B, flight following, no more LF radio ranges,
new fangled GPS.

Since I started flying again in the Seattle Class B veil from a towered
airport I had a pretty steep learning curve, especially since my last
airplane was an Aeronca Champ-VFR-no radio-no electrical system.

After I was turned loose, It took another 10-15 hours before I felt truly
comfortable in my local airspace.

Best of luck

Cheers:

Paul
NC2273H

Has anyone else started flying after many years of inactivity? Any

problems or interesting things you would like to share with me and the
group?