Old August 6th 03, 12:16 PM
Kevin Horton

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 06:37:36 -0400, Bryan Martin wrote:

in article , Chris
Schmelzer at
wrote on 8/6/03 1:03 AM:

In article , randall g
wrote:

Did anyone check out the Aerocat kitplane at Oshkosh? It's a 4-place
amphibious twin with detachable floats.

The company website is
www.creativeflight.com

I would love to see some pictures or hear your thoughts on what seems
to be a remarkable design. I am not associated with them, but I am
considering building an aircraft in the future and this may be an
ideal choice for me.

I have one up under my OshKosh 2003 photos at

http://homepage.mac.com/chriss/

I think i labelled it 'ugly amphib' heh

Nice pictures, but I think the one you have labeled as an S-3 is
actually an S-2. The S-3 is a twin turbofan.

Nope, I've got lots of S-2 time, and it isn't one of those either. It
looks like an OV-1 Mohawk.

The pictures labelled FJ-4 are actually either an F4U or an FG (the FG was
a license built F4U). The FJ-4 is a derivative of the F-86. Very
different.

Also check the spelling of Sikorsky. And it is an amphibian flying boat,
not a float plane.

The "bombers" are North American B-25s (the twin tail ones) and Douglas
A-26s (the designation was later changed to B-26, after all the original
Martin B-26s had been retired).

Nice pictures though.

--
Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)