Old November 18th 03, 02:40 PM
Malcolm Teas

"Marc" wrote in message news:nxhub.176207$275.567345@attbi_s53...
I am thinking of taking a week or so and fly south. Would appreciate any
recommendations of places to go, esp. interesting scenary or historical
interest (that is near an airport.....).

Right now my vague plans include..

.. a ride down the Hudson Valley Corridor past Manhattan.
.. fly down the NJ coast, perhaps stop at Cape May
.. stay along the coast, east of Washington DC
.. stop at Tangier Island in the Chesapeake Bay?
.. west past Charlottesville, stop at Luray Caverns.... (yes I know it is
tacky, been there twice by car)
.. aerial tour of Shenandoah Valley

Sounds neat! My wife and I recently did a flight from Leesburg down
the Shenandoah Valley to Luray. Nice area at 3000 feet radio contact
was a little difficult to Potomac Approach. Beautiful area, although
it's well past the time when the trees have leaves.

No comments about Luray, just a quick stop for us. There's a slight
rise in the middle of the runway. Nothing to be excited about. Ever
for this low-time pilot.

If you're in "vacation mode" there's a good quality sit down
restaurant in Hagerstown called "Nick's". Italian and American food
if I remember right, a bit pricy, but good.

-Malcolm Teas