Old December 19th 03, 06:53 AM
Peter Duniho

"Shirley" wrote in message
Does anyone know where to purchase ear protection for dogs being taken in
single-engine airplanes?

Never heard of such a thing. I can't imagine my dog would put up with
something like that. I don't know how such protection would differ from
something similar for twin-engine airplanes.

That said, I'm not sure ear protection for dogs is really all that
necessary. Dogs don't live nearly as long as humans, and probably don't fly
as much as one either, so their total exposure isn't nearly great enough to
create a significant hearing loss.

I suppose there might be some extreme exceptions, such as the 20-year old
dog who flies three times a day, but otherwise, hearing protection seems
superfluous to me. My dog doesn't seem to mind the noise, and he still
comes when I call him.

Pete