Old January 14th 04, 07:26 AM
Top Spin

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:11:16 -0600, Big John
wrote:

TopSpin

From all my hours of flying and other areas o high noise I am hard of
hearing.

Picked up a (expensive) hearing aide several years ago.

1. It is controlled by a TV like remote. You can turn on and off and
change the programs and volume with remote.
2. Unit is programmed by plugging into the hearing aid sellers
computer.
3. There are 3 modes of operation.

a. Normal setting for your hearing. This and all three modes level can
be raised or lowered by the wand.
b. This mode is for the cocktail party and cuts out the base line
noise.
c. This mode if for talking on the telephone to keep units from
feeding back and squealing.

I wear them about 18 hours a day and get a week out of the batteries.

If you are interest in something like this, post a reply to this
thread and I'll give you how to contact company for more info.

Big John
Pilot ROCAF

Sure, I'll take a look at them.

For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com