Old January 23rd 04, 04:41 PM
C J Campbell

"William W. Plummer" wrote in message
news:br9Qb.107885$nt4.402694@attbi_s51...

| "Manuel" wrote in message
| Now that's really bad news... about a month ago, I complained to the
Swiss
| FOCA (the local FAA) because a helicopter landed in our neighbour's
| backyard, and I was sure that he hadn't a permit.
| What kind of permit do you need? In the US you might risk the land owner
| complaining about tresspass, but I don't believe individual towns,
counties,
| cities, states, etc regulate landing. When I was ballooning, we would
| always ask the land owner if it would be OK to land in their yard if they
| had run out to see what was going on. Nobody every denied access.

There was this on AVweb Jan. 5:

"Stamford, Conn., officials are reviewing the city ordinance that landed the
pilot of a medical helicopter in hot water last week. William Pope, 67, of
Andover, N.J., was ticketed by Stamford police after he landed his chopper
in the local hospital's parking lot. Pope was picking up a sick infant for
transport to an intensive care unit in Valhalla, N.Y. The flight was ordered
by a Stamford doctor, who apparently didn't know about the city's official
disdain for helicopters. "Unfortunately she was not aware that we have a
city ordinance that does not allow any helicopters to land anywhere in
Stamford," said Assistant Police Chief Richard Priolo. Police met the
helicopter when it landed and issued the ticket immediately without delaying
the flight, said Priolo. But it turns out that if the sick child had already
been on the helicopter and was being delivered to Stamford, the pilot might
have beaten the rap. The ordinance allows helicopters to land if the life of
someone aboard is in danger. "