Old March 5th 04, 04:38 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news9T1c.42536$ko6.377510@attbi_s02...
This isn't a liberal/conservative issue. For all the party line about
shrinking government, it has expanded dramatically under Republican

rule.
Conservatives have been no more successful than liberals in streamlining

the
government/business relationship.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I regard the Republicans
as fiscally Conservative.

Perhaps they once were -- but they sure aren't anymore.

When would that "perhaps" be? Historically?

Once past a second term, "all" members of Congress become spendthrifts.

Which is why we
desperately need a third party in this country.

We have a bunch of them; Libertarians (very fiscally conservative, and they
got 1/20th the votes of the very UNFISCALLY CONSERVATIVE...), Green party,
Perotista's, Buchannenits,

A fiscally conservative political party, without all the religious

baggage,
would win in every precinct.

No, they would not. See above.

If Madison and Jefferson could be resurrected and run in an election they'd
get 5%, even if people knew who they were. If they did manage to win, they'd
be out after one term.

Until America changes between the ears things will NOT change through the
political process.

--
"He that would make his own liberty secure,
must guard even his enemy from oppression;