Old March 14th 04, 03:14 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

In this war, the trick is to do PRECISELY what Bush has been doing
-- fight terrorists where *they* live.

They'll simply move and disperse. And plenty of terrorists recruits
already live in the U. S., and in Britain, France, Canada, etc.

If that means Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, or
the entire Middle East, well, that scenario sure
beats waiting until the *******s put bombs on trains
in Chicago, or kill a busload of school kids in
Des Moines.

The entire Middle East? What do you think the effect of such an
operation will be on the American economy? How long will we have to
occupy the entire Middle East? What effect will such an operation have
on the hearts and minds of Muslims everywhere? To whom would go the
propaganda victory?

Bottom line: When you're rooting out an insect infestation, you don't

just
kill the roaches in your kitchen -- you go after the nest.

Spoken like an innkeeper! But we're talking about an infestation
with nests worldwide, not just in our kitchen. Your insect metaphor is
not very comforting when one considers the struggle against fire ants in
the U. S.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM