Old April 5th 04, 09:49 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:Cyjcc.192685$Cb.1733584@attbi_s51...
Okay, off-topic -- but I don't know whom else to ask!

I've recently received an email (for the inn) from a guy purportedly located
outside of Moscow.

I can't seem to reply to him. His address ends in "mail.ru" (as in
) My ISP rejects this as having an illegitimate suffix.
(Apparently the ".ru" is the trouble.)

..ru is perfectly valid. As a matter of fact, mail.ru appears to be a perfectly
valid address (seems to be a Yahoo-like service) from the overall appearance
of it. Does seem to offer you a variety of email services at mail.ru, inbox.ru, etc..

Is this something I should take up with my ISP? Or did the guy send me an
anti-Spam email address by mistake? What's a legitimate Russian email
address? (He's awaiting my reply!)

Your ISP is crocked...
appears to be valid.

Thanks...