Old April 6th 04, 07:33 AM
Kai Glaesner

Default Using your own maps in FliteStart/FliteMap

Hello,

I'm just playing around a bit with Jeppesen FliteStar/FliteMap, tying to
find out how I can use my own (scanned) paper charts with this otherwise
very satisfying product.

Besides Jeppesens own RasterPlus format there seem to be some other possible
raster formats:

BSB
NDI
NOS/GEO
Maptech PCX
Maptech RML
EZ Raster

Does anybody know about a scanning/map creation software I can use to
produce these formats (I know some of them a proprietary, but I think some
are not)?

I have in the past made this for a software called FlightPlanner, where you
were able to scan your chart into a *.jpg, provide position information of
some reference points on the chart in a specific text-format file and went
away with any ("paper") chart you liked as a moving map. I discontinued
using FlightPlanner for a number of reasons (mostly lack of Jeppesen
NavData) and switched to FliteStart/FliteMap as a "situational awareness
tool" but disliked that the Jeppesen maps on the screen (vector and raster)
do not match the special german ICAO-paper chart I use for navigation. And I
don't want to switch to Jeppesen paper charts, too (never-use-a
sole-source-for-navigation-type-of-thing ;-)

Any help would help....

Thanks in advance

Kai Glaesner