Old April 22nd 04, 02:36 AM
Neil Bratney

Default Headset music

Hello all,

I'm getting set for my second solo cross country in training for my PP.
Looking at my headset, my Lightspeed 30-3G has a port on the ANR box
where I can attach a portable CD player for music. The headset is
supposed to automatically mute the music when comm comes in from the radio.

This sounds like a good idea to enhance my long distance flying
experience, but I'm just concerned that I'm going to miss important ATC
instructions. Or worse, that Omaha Approach is going to get an earful
of Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam when I transmit out to them!

So does anyone have experience with headsets like this? Do they work as
well as advertised? Any tips?

Thanks a ton,
Neil Bratney