Old April 26th 04, 11:32 AM
Cub Driver

a guy who was supposedly a gung-ho pilot,

Well, as a pilot (gosh, did I ever think I'd get to write that?!) I
have to agree with you. It's hard to imagine right now. But recall
that just a few days ago we had a post from a guy who had given up
flying--just lost interest in it.

Two things could be going on he

One, going from an F-102A to a 172 must be a downer.

Two, Bush has demonstrated that he is very focused. I've known people
who work passionately at something for ten years or so, then suddenly
drop it and take up something entirely different. Been there, done
that, now on to something else! He was playing with politics when he
was in the Guard, and he got an early out to go to business school.

And of course there's always the third possibility: something bad
happened. This was Bush's wild-oats era; he was about 25 when he
stopped flying. Any number of possible scenarios come to mind.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com