Old May 4th 04, 02:14 PM
Michael Houghton

Howdy!

In article ,
G.R. Patterson III wrote:

"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

Wow, I'm glad we don't have pilots like that in the U.S. Its not nice
to disobey orders like "eject".

Well, he outranked the instructor, so you can't really say he disobeyed orders.
Superior officers cannot be ordered to do something by an inferior.

....and there may be something to the phrase "Pilot in Command"...

Having read the account/interview, I think the pilot examined his gauges
and indicators, noted no immediate "get out" indications, and was able
to maintain control of the airplane, so long as he kept his speed up.

It sure sounded like reluctance to jump out of a manifestly flyable
airplane.

yours,
Michael

| White Wolf and the Phoenix
Bowie, MD, USA | Tablet and Inkle bands, and other stuff

http://www.radix.net/~herveus/