Old May 10th 04, 03:34 AM
BTIZ

I flew yesterday Jay... in a friends brand new single seat glider.. spent
about an hour zipping around the valley at 8000MSL with 600-1000-fpm climbs.

Just needed that first 2000ft tow to the first thermal that registered
1200fpm at times.. but the averager did get up to about 800fpm UP

BT

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Mary flew the four of us over to the "Black Angus" restaurant in Prairie

du
Chien, Wisconsin for a wonderful Mother's Day brunch today. The winds

were
light, the sun was warm, and Midwest and Mississippi valley was bathed in

an
intense spring green that almost hurts your eyes.

Her flight, approach, and landing into the sometimes tricky winds at PDC
were appropriately perfect. (The airport is surrounded by 500 foot

bluffs
that can make for some interesting winds...)

The Black Angus is renowned for their terrific steaks, and we had some

that
could be cut with a fork. It is right across the street from the FBO, so
you don't even need to hassle with a courtesy car.

Mary says it was her best Mother's Day ever! Anyone else go flying for
Mother's Day?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA