Old May 28th 04, 02:35 PM
Jay Honeck

Got it. I was going to suggest a GTX330 + GNS430 if you are worried
about traffic. I wonder if IOW has TIS service (maybe off of CID?).

Yeah, several guys on the field have this set up. It seems like ridiculous
over-kill in our airspace, but it would be nice when we fly back to the
Milwaukee/Chicago corridor.

If you decide not to go with the 'in-wing' lights, you could always
add a brighter light in the cowling. K2U & LoPresti have mods for
this.

Hmmm. I've read about the "Boom Beam" extensively -- and ruled it out as
absurdly over-priced -- but what's the K2U option?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA