Old June 4th 04, 04:13 AM
smackey

(Robert M. Gary) wrote in message
1) where the best places to land (near Vancouver)?

Boundry Bay is about as convenient as it gets for a GA airport.
Personally, I found it a little remote but, except for Vancouver Intl,
it's prbably as good as you'll get. We used Enterprise car rental,
and of course had to wait for the ride back to the rental agency.
Can't comment on adequacy of Hertz, etc.

2) What types of activities can you do near there?

It's a big, cosmopolitan city. We love it. Best comparison I can
come up with is SF, but with much nicer physical setting. Better,
even, than Seattle. Fabulous restaurants and shopping. When we were
there, the US $ equaled $1.50 CAN, but I believe its lower now.
(Thanks, George)

3) Can I rent a car with a California DL?

Well, I had no probelem with a Montana license, but California...?

4) Where is the best place to get airport information (AOPA web
sight?)

The "Canadian Flight Supplement" is really a must. Despite its
apparent similar appearance to the US AF/D, its more useful. Make
sure you have the Canadian version of sectional and terminal charts.
The AOPA materials are invaluable.

5) Should I get approach plates, do you get much IMC this time of
year?

Don't know. I was only VFR then.