Old June 25th 04, 03:26 PM
Dillon Pyron

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:37:12 -0400, Doc Font
wrote:

In article ,
Dillon Pyron wrote:

The original design of the shuttle was a lifting
body, until they proved to be a bitch to fly.

So is it feasable at this time considering the advancements in computer
controls? Like the F-117 or F-16 are unstable without their computer
systems but they work because the computer constantly adjusts the
flight. Could they build an easy to fly lifting body now?

Bernadette

I would guess so (and was thinking the same thing when I made my
post). That said, there's little drive to do such a thing. Even
though I think it would be much safer than the current design for the
ISC "lifeboat".
--
dillon

When I was a kid, I thought the angel's name was Hark
and the horse's name was Bob.