Old August 13th 04, 07:37 PM
Corky Scott

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:06:52 +0200, Thomas Borchert
wrote:

That's nowhere near a John Deakin. That guy needs a complex checkout
(and yes, I assume he has the sign-off already).

Also, that GPS holder needs work - no offense to you meant ;-)

He did get the sign-off but he's used to flying a biplane and he
rarely goes above 2,500 feet in that. But the Bonanza is a fast
airplane and it has the performance to get quickly to an altitude
where you are above the turbulence and can take advantage of
tailwinds. As Deakin mentioned in one of his columns after he'd asked
a friend who owned a fast airplane why he flew with the throttle all
the way up all the time: "Because I didn't buy a fast airplane to go
slow."

The Bonanza owner is just new to the airplane and does not have a yoke
mount for the GPS. That's why the passenger, or right seater, gets to
make sure it stays on top of the instrument panel where it can see the
satelites. ;-)

Corky Scott