Old August 22nd 04, 05:44 AM
Hilton

Default Captain Al Haynes - Angel Flight 21st Anniversary

Hi,

I was in Denver this afternoon. A group went up to the Denver tower, had a
yummy BBQ lunch, but the highlight was the talk by Captain Haynes. The hour
seemed to go by in 20 minutes. He not only discussed the United 232
acccident, but also the lessons we should learn from it, and the effect it
had on him and others. Highly recommended. BTW: I spoke with him briefly
afterwards - Captain Haynes was very polite, very approachable, and spent
more time answering my question than I expected/anticipated.

It was a very education, inspirational, emotional, and fascinating talk.
Fifty six crews couldn't even get to the airport in simulators with no lives
on the line - the United 232 crew landed just left of the runway's
centerline.

Hilton