Old September 12th 04, 04:08 PM
Dale

In article ,
David Rind wrote:

I've seen a mention here previously of doing this, and I'm wondering if
someone here could comment on the aerodynamics of this. It's not obvious
to me that for a given elevator position, rolling to keep the nose level
would affect the likelihood of a stall. You are stopping the airplane
from climbing, but the stall speed has increased because you are in a bank.

Bank angle does not affect stall speed, the increased load factor that
comes with a banked turn does.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html